Many events will occur on and around the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, a few of which are listed below. Take time to seek out and participate in events in your local area. After the events, share your learnings and engage in dialogue with your colleagues and family to keep these important conversations going!
- Resources/free events hosted by the National Center for Truth and Reconciliation accessed here.
- Indian Residential School History and Dialogue Center resources accessed here.
- Saskatchewan Health Authority is hosting Cultural Conversations with Joseph Naytowhow on Sept. 29, 2021 from 1-230. If you can not attend on that day, register so that you will have access to the recording to watch at a future date/time. More info and registration here.
- Office of the Treaty Commissioner maintains a calendar of events from various organizations (ie. Reconciliation Saskatchewan, Multicultural Council of Saskatchewan) including:
- Wanuskewin Heritage Park in Saskatoon will be hosting a week of events including many activities on site Sept. 30. More info here.
- Diversity and Inclusion Network’s virtual gathering in recognition of Orange Shirt Day on Sept. 29 from 1045-1145. More info here.
- Prince Albert Grand Council, Office of Treaty Commissioner, 4 Seasons Truth and Reconciliation and Wahpeton Dakota Nation are collaborating to present a virtual treaty fair 10-3 on Sept. 27, 28 and 29. More info here.